Rainbo's Inn

If friends were stopped at an Inn for a cup of tea, they might discuss the thoughts expressed here.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

We're having a Party!



Our home is in a very rural area. Closest neighbor about 600 feet away and no one after that for about 1/2 mile in all directions. But we stay in touch. One of my elderly neighbors has been calling me alot needing advice on her Medicare stuff, etc. Her only child belongs to a denomination that does not observe any holidays. Not even birthdays. This is much to my neighbors disdane.

After visiting on the phone with my elderly neighbor, I got the idea to have her over for a little Christmas socializing. The more I thought about it the bigger the event grew. I kept thinking of other ladies that might enjoy a little ladies' lunch and get together. I called the neighbor back and asked her if she would enjoy coming to my house for lunch next week. I ran my proposed guest list by her and she was delighted.

I make a great turkey, walnut, pineapple salad and also a some tasty bacon wrapped stuffing balls. Maybe have some cranberry juice cocktail and some pumpkin pie and fruitcake for dessert. Then we can play "Dirty Santa". It is a really fun game. I am telling each lady to bring a wrapped Christmas ornament. They can be homemade or bought but must not cost more than $1.00. My guest list so far numbers about 7, which should be fun. Who knows, I may make this an annual event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home