Rainbo's Inn

If friends were stopped at an Inn for a cup of tea, they might discuss the thoughts expressed here.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it

Snow! I can't help it. I love Snow! Being born and raised in Florida, snow will always be a novelty to me. Watching it fall is so peaceful. Unlike rain, snow is quiet. Silently turning the dull brown and grays of winter into dramatically contrasting white. The undone yard work of the fall is covered under a beautiful blanket. (Is that like sweeping dirt under the rug?)

The weather forecasters are predicting our first measurable snow this evening. DH has gone to the larger town about 65 miles away on a one-day business errand. He is driving and I hope he gets back before it starts falling. They said the snow would be very light and fluffy but would pack down and freeze into a very slippery glaze.

The best description I've ever heard of snow clouds is: "They look like the underside of a dirty quilt." I guess because the snow is so heavy in the cloud it makes the bottom of the cloud grey while the tops are still white.

If we get very much, I will post some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home