Rainbo's Inn

If friends were stopped at an Inn for a cup of tea, they might discuss the thoughts expressed here.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Merry Christmas!


The "Ole' Ladies'" party was nice. There were six of us and we all enjoyed being together. After lunch we almost forgot to play our Dirty Santa game we were enjoying each other's company so much. The ornaments everyone brought to exchange were so nice. The only youngster, a 30 yr old Developmentally Disabled girl, opened her package to find a Santa Claus ornament. Her delight with the ornament told us all we had better not try to steal it.

I got a lot of baking done Thursday and Friday. I like to bake things that I myself enjoy eating. The Cranberry Bread is so good. And I make a Brandied Fruit Cake that I think is so much better than the ones you buy. I'm giving some of them as gifts. I had some cookie dough in the refrigerator and made a batch with a green Christmas tree in the center. I made some decorator's icing and trimmed the trees after the cookies were baked. Some I put the multicolored sprinkles on and stars on top. Another batch of dough was just plain sugar cookies so I sprinkled some green and red sugar crystals on them then put a chocolate kiss in the center of each one while they were hot from the oven.

I'm flying to the daughter's for Christmas. I'll get to enjoy the grandchildren during the holidays. We only have her two. A boy 8 and a girl 4. We have a great time together. Her church is having a Christmas Eve service but no service on Sunday. It is so difficult for young families to attend a service on Christmas Day.

PaPa can't leave the cows that long so he will make the 9 hour drive on the 23rd and head back home the 26th. We still don't have any moisture and the only feed the cattle get is the large bales of hay he puts out and the grain he feeds them. It takes 5 big bales every 3 days.

I won't get to post while I'm gone so I'm wishing everyone

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home