Rainbo's Inn

If friends were stopped at an Inn for a cup of tea, they might discuss the thoughts expressed here.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Heading South

I am not a winter person. I was born in Florida and my father was from Greece. I have a Mediterranean climate body. I do enjoy hibernating in the winter tho. Today is very cold. Even hubby came back in for a better head cover. Clear blue sky but temps in the teens with wind chill's below 0.

I've got lots to do to get ready to go down to Arkansas. We will be living in our camper while hubby works in son's sporting goods store. Son is taking a trip with a friend to Nebraska to hunt buffalo. He asked his dad to work for him while he is gone. He has some good employees there but likes to have "family" in the store in his absence.

I've been washing clothes and sort of packing. If the camper were here, it would be easier to pack it. But we rented a lot in a park down in the town where son's store is. I did not say campground because it is just a place to park/store the camper. It does have full hookups which makes it lots better than having to move camper to "dump" every few days. But the lots are very small. We can barely extend our awning without touching the next camper.

Anyway, I have the challenge of packing the food and clothes we will need in plastic tubs that we can store either under the camper or in the back of the pickup.

I am also taking some tools, etc. to do some work on the cornice boards in the bedroom of the camper. Hubby bought the used camper for a very reasonable price. It was pretty clean but the drapes in the bedroom were very faded and threadbare. I found some $1.00 a yard material at Wal-Mart and made some new drapes, but then the material the cornice boards were covered with did not match. So, I pulled it off the cornice boards. I have material and wallpaper scraps that I think will look o.k. So I will spend some of my time working on that.

I really thought we would be spending more time down there than we are. But hubby is living his dream on the farm now that he is retired. Men who love working cattle have almost a "husband" attitude toward the cattle. I guess that is why is has been called "animal husbandry".

A number of the cows are dropping their calves at this time. Most don't have any problems but you have to check them regularly, just in case. We might not be able to leave for Arkansas until some of them have dropped their calves.

I guess I need to get off my can and this keyboard. I may not be able to get a signal while I am down there. I can use the laptop if I do find a wireless signal. There is an Internet Cafe in that little town but I hate to pay $3.75 for a cup of tea. "Free" Internet while I'm there tho.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home