Rainbo's Inn

If friends were stopped at an Inn for a cup of tea, they might discuss the thoughts expressed here.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

TRAPPED!

No, not me. A beautiful bright red male cardinal was trapped on the unfinished addition at the lake house. I noticed it through the still present window(will later be a doorway). The top of the walls of the addition are not closed in. The soffits are open to the outside and I suppose he had been sitting up there to get away from the cold and decided to fly down into the room itself. He did not seem in any distress and I just figured he could find his way back out by flying to the top of the walls and out again the way he must have come in.

We have installed a large glass, single door, which our daughter gave us when she added on her sunroom, with another clear glass panel. It fit perfectly and allows a lot of light into the room. Anyway, this afternoon, I noticed Mr. Cardinal kept trying to get through the glass in the door. It is still below freezing outside but I crawled through the window and opened the swinging part of the door to the outside. He was so desperate to get out he even tried while I was unlocking the door. I went around behind where he had lit and walked slowly towards him from the opposite direction of the opened door. He went straight to the opening. I could almost sense his surprise when this time he was able to fly through the opening instead of fluttering against the glass.

He was gone in a flash so I don't know where he went from here. He really wasn't trapped in the room, he just thought he was but he still had to have help in getting out. Hmmm, there could be a moral to this story if I think about it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home